Follow the link to view the minutes of the November 4, 2013 AGM.
The ski season is approaching!
A reminder that the AGM of the Tay Valley Ski Club will take place on
Monday, November 4, 7:00 pm
Suite 202, 105 Dufferin St., (behind Wendy’s)
As usual, we will have a presentation following our business meeting.
Memberships will be available at the meeting at the 2012-13 season rates.
The 2012-13 ski season turned out to be quite successful despite some disappointments. After a great December start, conditions deteriorated in January. Regretfully, the Loppet had to be cancelled. However, the snow came back, providing us with great skiing for February and March.
Thanks go out to the intrepid groomers who provided first class trails, and a base that survived the weather changes. Special mention should be made of the revitalization of the youth program that occurred this year. The ski trails and organization are run totally by volunteers. We are always seeking more help.
2013 Nordix Fortune Cup – Cross Country Skier-Cross
Expect minimal rules, minimum cost, maximum fun
What: One practice race. Then short 2 minute super-sprint track with 6-8 skier elimination rounds. Top 3 finishers advance to next round. Everyone races multiple times Guaranteed.
Where: Camp Fortune Main Lodge with Race start/finish in near main lodge.
Cost: $10 online registration, or $20 cash on race day.
This Race is an Open Event for 13 years and older or anyone who thinks they can be the King of the Mountain. Racers under 18 years must have parental signature. Eyewear mandatory.
Refreshments, Food, Beer Garden (for purchase) and Music
WEB SITE http://www.xczone.com/nordix.htm
RSVP FACE BOOK https://www.facebook.com/events/439645519451952/
David McMahon and Lise Meloche
“Living and Coaching Natural Fitness and Clean Oxygen Fed Sport”
through Natural Fitness Laboratories and xczonetv films
Proud Supporters of
fast and female
Sponsored by Madshus and Salomon
The Tay Valley Ski Club is pleased to offer a classic technique cross country ski clinic at Murphy’s Point Park in the afternoon of Sunday February 17th, weather permitting.
There will be no charge for this clinic. The clinic will be taught by Nancy Gaudreau and Rick Sauder. Nancy is a former college level racer and high school level coach in the U.S. Rick is a former loppet racer and was a nordic ski patroller in British Columbia for many years. Both have many years of nordic ski training, racing and experience.
Pre-registration is required and participants will be asked to sign a waiver. Participants must be 12 years of age or older and have their own ski equipment. The clinic will be limited to 16 participants on a first come first serve basis.
To Register contact: email@example.com
This afternoon ski clinic will focus on basic classic cross country technique for beginner to intermediate skiers and will cover the following topics:
At the Chalet:
- Meet sign in:
- 1) A brief discussion of modern cross country skis, their design and the merrits of both waxable and waxless bases, and short discussion on waxing of both.
On the Snow:
- 2) Lets start at the beginning, falling down and getting up;
- 3) Classic diagonal stride: with emphasis on use of poles, weight shift and maintaining your glide,
- 4) Classic technique: kick double pole, double pole, changing technique to rest and maintain efficiency;
- 5) Downhill technique, skiing in control: nordic snow plow, step turns, double pole and a demo / introduction to christie and telemark turns;
- 6) Turning and stopping;
- 7) Climbing uphill: herring bone, side step, classic technique and running;
- 8) Learning to use the terrain to your advantage to be an efficient skier; which technique for which terrain;
- 9) Introduction to skate skiing: depending on progress and interest of the group.
Loppet organizer, Nancy Gradeau, regretfully announced today that the Loppet will have to be cancelled due to poor trail conditions.
Earlier forecasts for snow this week have been changed. Unfortunately, it is impossible to groom trails to the level that would be required for this event.