Tay Valley Cross Country Ski Club
Classic Ski Technique Clinic
Novice to Intermediate
Place: Murphys Point Provincial Park
Sunday, January 31st, 12:00 hrs.
Meet at the warming chalet
Park Administration Area
Limit 16 Participants
The Tay Valley Ski Club is pleased to offer a classic technique cross country ski clinic. This afternoon ski clinic will focus on basic classic cross country technique for beginner to intermediate skiers and will cover the following topics:
Chalet – Meet sign in, 12:00 hrs.:
1) A brief discussion of modern cross country skis, their design and the merits of both waxable and waxless bases, and short discussion on waxing of both.
2) Lets start at the beginning, falling down and getting up;
3) Classic diagonal stride: with emphasis on use of poles, weight shift and maintaining your glide,
4) Classic technique: kick double pole, double pole, changing technique to rest and maintain efficiency;
5) Downhill technique, skiing in control: nordic snow plow, step turns, double pole
6) Turning and stopping; a demo / introduction to christie and telemark turns;
7) Climbing uphill: herring bone, side step, classic technique and running;
8) Learning to use the terrain to your advantage to be an efficient skier; which technique for which terrain;
9) Introduction to skate skiing: depending on progress and interest of the group.
The session will be held at Murphys Point Park beginning at 12:00 noon, on the afternoon of Sunday February 17th, weather permitting. Pre-registration is required and participants will be asked to sign a waiver. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and have their own ski equipment. The clinic will be limited to 16 participants on a first come first serve basis. There will be no charge for this clinic.
The clinic will be taught by Nancy Gaudreau and Rick Sauder. Nancy is a former college level racer and high school level coach in the U.S. Rick is a former loppet racer and was a Nordic ski patroller in British Columbia for many years. Both have many years of Nordic ski training, racing and experience.
To register please email Rick Sauder at email@example.com
Include your name, phone number and brief description of your XC ski experience, or ability and level of skill. You will be notified by return email to confirm your participation.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a comment »